Friday, September 12, 2008

Blawg tyme (school and stuffs)

New characters:

Dana- a girl from school, who's firsthand experienced 'relational aggression' of the other girls, experienced their bullying, and I do believe has equally gone up against other girls

Mrs. Waver- Guidance counselor for middle school. Awesome woman who has spoken to me (Kim/Alyce) and helped me through many things throughout middle school, as well as made me think a whole lot, and honestly, genuinely cares about the students

Mr. Novelten: Youngish principal guy, around maybe his forties, with kids of his own, formerly just the Middle School principal, now the K-8 guy, due to unfortunate school cutting stuffs.

Trista- A friend I've known since first grade, when she first moved here, moving from someplace else to here, another town, and then ANOTHER town, going to various schools in that town, an often dysfunctional family, her mother full of mysteries and their house full of cigarette smoke, but a really great girl, with big dreams and a great voice.

Danica- My friend who lives with her single mother, and bounces from boyfriend to boyfriend, and has friends who are older, and make often negative decisions at times. She's very in touch with her music, and pretty cool to hang out with, seems and looks older than her age streetwise.

Tick- A bloodsucker. *jk* Some dude that Danica dated, who had MANY issues, and was a pervert, but apparently was just so 'hot' and Trista was attracted to him. Involved with a dramadramadramaduck situation, between Dani having to break up with him, him breaking up with her, and then breaking Trista's heart as well, causing her to get really mad, by DATING DANA WHILE DATING TRISTA, (stupid a-hole guy... please pardon my... yeah...), Mr. Playa's got some problems, and left some girls with some too. Dani's still friends with him, though I find it dangerous, and I don't like most of her boyfriends because most of them have hurt her in some way. Dana and Trista were left with a grudge between each other, due to their boyfriend's cheating issues... among various other things. (Oh yeah. Long story. I'll maybe get to it eventually. Trista just couldn't get talked out of dating this guy... attracted to 'dangerous' guys. xPPPP)

I've decided, like my dearest friend Leanne/Kris, to arrange my blog so that I post at least once a week. Sorry for those who'd rather hear from me more, but I need to give myself something that's structured right now (like homework, xP; though I like blogging....) so that I will have a goal that I can commit to doing. And with school and all started, I've got homework, and all of that, and I'm in procrastinator mode (though it hasn't been so bad so far... which is quite an improvement...)

Sorry guys. D: Now that I have that set up, I'll probably end up posting more... *hugglesreaders* Love you guys.

God Bless you! Gawsh, I need to get on here more...

Anyway...

Life.

I had a great conversation with my parents last night. It was pretty cool. I'm glad I did. I asked my dad/told parents about the 'people problems', witnessing vs. debate, how to tell people about Jesus and live like him toward people... and he told me that the Gospel of John would be a good book to study/read. He told me to read it just like a book, and if I had questions, write them down, you know, really kinda ponder stuff. And I plan on doing that. The point of reading it, is to read about how Jesus interacted with people, the things that He did, His compassion, His love, His everything. John was like a very close friend to Jesus, so that was the perspective that the book was written from. And I think that's a great idea for me to read...

School...

Has finally gotten a little more interesting. I'm gonna start the anti-bullying thing maybe next week, or at least assist with it, now that the system's got it. xP Oh well. Mrs. Waver and the elementary guidance counselor now, can help out with more anti-bullying things. (Last year's school cutting pplz thing got rid of the Elementary principal, causing the Middle School principal, Mr. Novelton to become the K-8 principal.) The school got revamped. Sort of. Actually, they're still constructing various things... the one gym (which really isn't a 'gym gym'... just one of those things with chairs/bleachers and stuff... but it also functions as our stage, so it has chairs attached to these big cement steps and all dat. The new chairs are nice though. The others were like, fifty years old. O.O)

Okay, enough schoolgettingstuffdoneduetothetownvotingfortheschoolgettingmoney,ANDNOTGETTINGANEWHIGHSCHOOL* rant.

Soo... yeah. A girl named Dana, who hung out with me, Macy, Sam from my school and church, at the Burger Bash, on Wednesday, a party-ish thing with music, burgers, other food, and lotsa hangin' out, before See You at the Pole, September 25th, I believe, which may be international, where Christians at schools gather at their flagpole and have fellowship right before school. So it was kind of the pre-party thing. See You After The Pole, the after-party-thing, which is a really cool awesomeness party, where all the kids who went to See You at the Pole in Rochester/schools in that general area, come to in the evening, to hang out and have more fellowship, talk about how it went at their school, have more worship (but with most likely a WAY louder band, which is pretty awesome; our church always has great music anyway. The students get lots of modern Christian rock/other stuff, like Relient K, TobyMac, Family Force Five, etc.... the worship during church service is always pretty awesome too. Our own band thing, sometimes the adult choir, the kid's choir, all that good stuff... yeah. I might go into more detail later, lulz... Don't get me wrong, I really do love going to church to learn about Christ and everything. It's just the people at my church often have good taste in music. And I realize that worship isn't about the sound, it's about worshipping God.)
Great stuff. See You At The Pole seems more powerful at the city school's though... but that's okay. We're not there for us, it's there to show our love for Jesus.

Well... back on topic...

So, anyway, being in the presence of Dana, actually talking to her, and having to drive her home with my mom (well, my mom was doing the driving, since we both live in town and all that, but... you get what I mean...) really inspired me to get moving with that whole 'anti-bullying' class thing. I asked HER about it, and she'd like to get involved also. She's threatened to change schools several time because of this school... supposedly, she's going to a new one next year... *sigh*

But, I'm gonna go for it. And try to fix up what's right for the school, and what's not, along with Mrs. Waver, and the elementary guidance counselor too, if she gets involved also. Bullying is an important issue in our school.

A lovely statistic:

(I think it was about this...)

2/3 school shootings start with bullying at some point. ('Kay, I've most likely talked about this already, but I have to talk about it again; it's really driving and solemn for me.)

I remember the bullied one trying to prove himself out to the others, because they brutally verbally bashed him everyday.

It was a pencil, but stabbing nonetheless, that he did to one of the people who bullied him the most. I was at an all-day choir thing during that day, when it happened at lunch... the boy wasn't horribly injured, in fact, he came to school after a couple days, just fine, practically. Showing people his wound. o.e

But still...

The kid left. He'd moved there that ONE year. Not even one year... all the other new guy students were fine with us kids, but he just got hated on and hated on. People claimed to have tried to be friends with him. He pushed them away. But no one cared to try again. They just rejected him. He was different. He had really thick glasses. Some other issues, health issues, maybe other issues, didn't dress like everyone else.

And yet a lot of them rejected him and verbally abused him. (Because bullying IS abuse!)

It's scary and sat that these things happened...

I don't ever wanna see it happen again, at least at this school. Mrs. Waver told me about a school that had a new program about bullying and things like that, up north, where there had been a shooting/suicide (I think...) and how it was working well...

*sigh*

That was much more intense, and apparently, much more tragic things happened. But our school has had a history of relational agression and rejection of people who are different. That's not nearly as bad as what a school shooting/what leads up to one could be, but it's always possible in places...

I'd been wanting to do this even BEFORE that kid was driven to the edge/couldn't/wasn't reached.

Lots of bullying problems here. Small school, small town. Bullying and drugs is all we got for issues, and that's never good.

Every place has problems. The town may look quaint on the outside... but you gotta live here, you have to look in to understand the people.

No comments: